Wireless printer setup on Netgear router with WPS key
To use WPS key feature, then both of your devices Netgear router and wireless printer should be compatible with it if you want to do Wireless printer setup on Netgear router with WPS key. NETGEAR calls this method Push ‘N’ Connect. you might be prompted to press the WPS button on the router instead of entering a password.
A brief set of instruction to do Wireless printer setup on Netgear router with WPS key:
- Please check if your Netgear router is receiving the power. You can check this if your Netgear router’s Power light is lit.
- After this check for your wireless printer’s WPS instructions
- Now press the WPS button on your Netgear router.
- When done above, now locate and press the WPS button of the wireless printer and follow the setup instructions as per the device.
Note: Please note that when you are doing the Wireless printer setup on the Netgear router with WPS key, the printer and Netgear router should be in same room.
A step by step guide to do Wireless printer setup on Netgear router with WPS key
When you receive your Netgear router, you will receive wireless router, an ethernet cable yellow in color and a power adaptor. In the first step, power off your modem. So unplug the power cord of your modem.
When followed the first step, move to the second step. Now in the second step connect the on end of yellow colored ethernet cable to your modem. After this take the other end of the yellow colored ethernet cable and connect the other end to the internet port of your Netgear router.
Now as you disconnected the power from your modem in the first step, now connect the power tot he modem. It will take approximately 2 minutes to turn on your modem completely.
Note: In case your modem is battery backed up, then first remove and reinsert the battery before connecting your modem to power.
Now in the fourth step, please connect the power adaptor to your Netgear router. Also, power on the Netgear router. It takes a few moments for the router to power on. When completely powered on, the Netgear outer’s lights turn green.
Note: in case not any of Netgear router’s lights turn on on turns green then please check if the Power On/Off button is in the ON position (pushed in).
In the next step of doing Wireless printer setup on Netgear router with WPS key, connect the Netgear router with the computer. Please use the other ethernet cable to make a wired connection. Also, connect wirelessly by using the preset wireless security settings located on the bottom label.
In next of wireless printer setup, open the web browser into the computer screen. Sometimes the web page does not display. Don’t panic. If the Web page does not display, close and re-open the browser and enter http://routerlogin.net in the address bar, or check the “Troubleshooting” section on the back of this installation guide.
In this step connect the wireless printer with WPS key. WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup). With WPS you have two options to connect to the Netgear router. One method is pushbutton. The other method is called the PIN to do Wireless printer setup on Netgear router with WPS key. If We compare both of the methods then Pushbutton is by far the easiest method. To connect with WPS key please follow below-mentioned instructions:
- Please make sure that your printer and wireless router must support WPS pushbutton mode. To see this please refer your printer and wireless router manuals. Also, check if the wireless router must have a physical WPS pushbutton available.
- Also, make sure that your network must use WPA or WPA2 security. Most WPS wireless routers will not connect using the WPS method if WEP or no security is used.
Note: Please understand that in many cases WPS wireless routers will not connect using the WPS method if you are using the manufacturer’s default for the network name and no security.
- In order to connect the wireless sprinter with WPS key, Start the WPS pushbutton mode on your printer. To start WPS, please refer the printer’s manual. Within 2 minutes, press the WPS button on your router. After this, the connection will be established automatically.
- Some of the old model wireless printers need to be connected to the computer first. This is mostly found in wireless routers which don’t have a built-in menu but does support wireless. So to do this Connect the printer to your computer via USB, and use the included software to set up the printer’s wireless connection.
- When the wireless is set up, you have the choice to disconnect the wireless printer from your computer and place it where you want.
In this step when you had connected the printer tot he network. Add the printer to your computer. It is necessary if you want to print from your computer.
- To do this locate the control panel in settings of the computer. It is generally found in Start menu (Windows 7 and earlier), or by right-clicking the Windows button (Windows 8 and later).
- After this please locate the option View devices and printers/Devices and Printers. After locating please select the option View devices and printers/Devices and Printers.
- Now click on Add a printer situated button at the top of the window. There click on your printer name option. After selecting the printer from the list please wait as It may take a moment to appear.
- In case you will be prompted Install any drivers if prompted. Windows should be able to automatically install drivers for most popular printers.
- If you are using the MAC computer and your wireless printer is Mac compatible then you can add it after connecting it to the network. To do this please select the Apple menu and select “System Preferences.”
- Now select the option Print & Scan” button. After this select the “+” button at the bottom of the list of printers. Then click on your new printer from the list and follow the prompts to install any necessary software.
- When your wireless printer has been connected to your Netgear router’s network and added to your operating system, you can select it from any program that can print. you will see that Your new printer will appear in the “Printer” selection menu when you go to print your document or photo.
- In case if you cannot see your printer on the list, make sure that your computer is connected to the same network. Sometimes restarting your printer can make it appear again.
Troubleshooting the General wireless Printer issues
- One of the most popular ways to solve the wireless printer issue is to reboot it. To follow the troubleshooting steps for the wireless printer via reboot is, please refer below-mentioned process: To follow the Troubleshooting steps for the wireless printer, please locate the USB cable and When the wireless printer is connected by USB cable, replace for both ends of the cable that goes from computer to the printer. Now restart the computer.
- Now in the second step of doing the troubleshooting steps for the wireless printer, power off the wireless printer. Also, unplug the power cord from the power outlet and wait for the next 30 seconds to completely reboot the wireless printer.
- After done waiting for 30 seconds, plug in the power cord for wireless printer into a power socket and also make sure to power on the wireless printer.
- In the final step of following Troubleshooting steps for the wireless printer, just print a test page from your wireless printer.
Other Printer error and ways to fix them:
- Problem: Nothing happens when you try to print. There are several reasons a wireless printer might not work, even if everything’s connected properly. First, you’ll want to make sure you’ve put the paper into the correct tray and there’s no paper stuck inside the printer.
- Problem: The printer has paper and nothing’s stuck, but it still won’t print. If the solutions above don’t work, try canceling the print job from the computer and trying again. Many wireless printers also have a button you can use to restart the current job. If all else fails, try turning the printer off and on again to see if it fixes the problem.
- Problem: The wireless printer works, but the text is very light and difficult to read. If this happens, it probably means your wireless printer requires a new ink cartridge to keep working. The instruction manual included with the wireless printer should note what type of cartridge you’ll need to buy.
If you are still facing the problem. Don’t worry. Whatever the error is, our well skilled and certified technical team provides online remote support with less effort and time. You can reach our well skilled and certified professional on by simply call the Toll-free 1-888-700-7068.
Here are some other relevant links, you might find interesting:
- Netgear tech support
- Canon printer Technical support number
- Epson printer Technical support
- Dell printer Tech support phone number
- Philips printer Tech support number