Netgear Router Password
To change your WiFi password or network name (SSID) or in case you want to retrieve the current Password you have on your WiFi router you need to follow these Steps:
- Launch an Internet browser for this, you can use any kind of browser you would like such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari and type http://www.routerlogin.net into the address bar of your Browser.
- Enter the router username and password when prompted on the screen.
The default username for Most of the Netgear Router is ”admin”. The default password is ”password”.
- Click OK to complete the login.
The BASIC Homepage for your Netgear Router Settings will display on your Computer Screen.
- Select Wireless to make sure you are using it in wireless mode.
- Enter your new username in the Name (SSID) field. SSID is your Wireless Network name. In case you want to get the old wireless SSID you can get it from this option.
- Enter your new password in the Password (Network Key) fields. In case you do not want to change the password and just want to retrieve the old password you can get it from this place.
- Click the Apply button in case you are changing the password or SSID. You can also Exit the Settings in case you are just retrieving the old password from Netgear Router User interface.
Your changes are saved to be Used.
Note: If your device disconnects from the Netgear wireless network, Check the available wireless network again using your WiFi Settings Tab and enter the new WiFi network key or password to Connect to your Netgear Router.